09 March 2007

home fashion friday

a lovely black and white window display.....



a beautiful pillow with a spot of color.....



the perfect lamp!



I have a new appreciation for black and white furnishings and this particular vignette is simply stunning! I have been in love with this bubble lamp for awhile now, when i first saw it in 'Sex and the City', Miranda had one in her bedroom. I've seen it time and again in stores and magazines and they're always in the $300-500 range, out of my price range for a lamp anyway. I've always adored anything with polka dots or circles or bubbles and this would look darling in my living room.....i think i need to sell more bags...sigh. I've always shied away from black and white themes in the past but I'm definitely re-thinking the whole black and white trend. Maybe someday I'll redo a room in my house with this look and add a few dashes of color here and there. It's a classic, elegant scheme that is timeless and 0h so very stylish. It's also a very clean look, I might be afraid of living in a room like this, lest i soil the white parts...ha ha. I wonder if i would tire of a black and white scheme? I guess if i gave it a few splashes of color, say a brightly colored pillow or picture, I think i could get used to it.

this outfit is very Audrey Hepburn/Grace Kelly...

Do you have a favorite home fashion trend of the moment?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love black and white! I have black canvas curtains on the outside and white sheers on the inside of my windows at the loft...I adore it, you can mix in almost any color and it works!!!You deserve that lamp!xxo, Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I've always loved the black and white scheme, it would be great to have a room devoted to it.
I like red as an accent - pillows, ceramic jugs, kitchen appliances, picture frames.
Hey, we almost bought that lamp last year, they have it at Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel (or both),
get Steve to get it for you as an early Christmas present!

I'd love to wear white, especially coats like in the photo, but you have to be pencil thin unfortunately!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a TJ Maxx where you live? They always have those bubble lamps. I agree that they are adorable!

Unknown said...

no TJ Maxx in Canada!
dang!

Esma Studios said...

Great choices, Tricia! That pillow is especially fetching!

Steph said...

Ooooooh, I love that pillow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones