13 November 2009

Seattle Trip: 5 photos a day

This next series of photos are of the Space Needle. It is the American version of Toronto, Canada's CN tower, which is somewhat similiar, in shape and form. I always think of the tv show 'Fraser' when i see it.


A few facts:

The Space Needle is a major landmark of the Pacific Northwest region of the United States and a symbol of Seattle.

Views from the Observation Deck. This is facing a mountain range...i'm not sure if it's Mt. Helen or Rainier.







The Space Needle was built to withstand severe earthquakes by doubling the building code of 1962. But an earthquake registering 6.8 on the Richter Scale jolted the Needle enough in 2001 for water to slosh out of the toilets in the restrooms. The Space Needle can escape serious structural damage during earthquakes of magnitudes below 9.

Here is a video i shot from the Observation Deck:

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Fascinating! I've never been there, but my mom's family all live on the West coast... someday I'll make the trek out there to meet them and see the sights.

MsAnomaly said...

Great photos! I visited the Space Needle when I was a child, but haven't been back since. I'd love to see it again, but I think I'd probably be more interested in Seattle's food and coffee shops now! LOL! :0)

2 Raven Chicks said...

Brings back happy memories of last Summer. I was glad to get my feet on the ground though :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones