04 January 2007

great gifts


I'm so happy to receive this wonderful book on Audrey Hepburn - treasures. 'pictures and mementos from a life of style and purpose'. Thanks Joe! I now have 4 great books on AH and this one is particularly cool since it contains envelopes at the end of each chapter with copies of certificates and letters of hers, what an amazing book! I also received this handbag day calender from my sister Cathy, thanks sis! Each day a different bag is featured - how nice is that? Every morning I can look forward to seeing a new purse!
I certainly received many lovely gifts this Christmas and I feel totally spoiled. One of the best ones, besides the Kitchen Aid food processor, was a donation in my name for Oxfam, for a womans' program in Gauteng province, South Africa. The program helps these women, affected by HIV/AIDS with health provisions and employment. Again, thanks Cathy for donating on my behalf.
That reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, who was a UNICEF International Goodwill Ambassador from 1987 until her death in 1993. Not only was she a great actor, she proved to be a great person, helping children in over 20 countries. For that she is a true role model.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet P! I do like the new blog look! Very creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones