22 December 2008

tis the season to be....

stormy..... that's putting it mildly. We've been pummeled with snow storms 2 or 3 times in the past week. Poor Steve is shoveling constantly, as i watch from inside, as I'm excused from snow shoveling since my back is prone to aches and pains. (Lucky me, except when my back is acting up!)
This is a neat shot of the view of our side window at the top of the second floor. It kind of reminds me of a Turner painting, all misty and stormy looking.


The view from the sun room is of a winter wonderland. Our backyard now features a pile of snow, a tiny mountain for Lulu to climb up and down. It was so funny to watch her run around the yard, at top speed, flying over the mountain of snow, and wading through chest high (Lulu's chest) snow drifts. Then she bounds up the deck stairs and waits at the back door, barking to be let in, her nose covered in snow. I am getting very weary of constantly letting her out, she being a snow lover and all. Not to mention having to towel her off every time!


Steve is definitely weary of shoveling our walk and driveway!!

I put up a eucalyptus wreath for our front door, and added some bells so that every time you open the door, an angel gets its' wings. There are certainly many an angel with their wings now!


Speaking of angels, my little grey man, Eddie, is not fairing too well these days. If you've read my previous posts, you may have remembered that he does not have a lot of time left because of his illness. He has lost more weight again, and has sores, losing fur. I may have to think about his comfort, and put him to eternal sleep after the new year. I just want one more Christmas with him, and enjoy his company for a little while longer. I don't want him to suffer much more. I am trying to make him as comfortable as possible. He seems to be sleeping a lot lately in the cupboard in our front hall where we store our shoes, so I've put a nice warm blankie in the bottom for him to lie on all day. He does still sit in my lap occasionally, but I've noticed his appetite and energy levels are not good. My poor Eddie. I'm sure I'll be a basket case when he does go.


I'll leave you with this polaroid photo of me with Santa, from 1999, Wow! Almost 10 years ago!! It was the last Christmas I had before I met Steve. This was the only man in my life up until my Steven....ha ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat, I love the picture of you and Santa.
Poor Eddie! That's so sad! He still is such a beautiful cat! I love his colour.
Hope you are well, I wish you and Steve a happy Christmas.
Thanks so much for your card and hope you got mine too.

Anonymous said...

hope little oeddie is not feeling the pain, he's a trooper kitty!

we have the snow too, seems like a mile deep out there, but love it, looks so pretty and white

hang your stockings and say your prayers, cause santa claus is coming tomorrow night!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

c

Anonymous said...

oh ya,

i have my pic of that santa too somewhere, remember joe wouldn't sit on santa's lap! ha ha ha

(just kidding, joe if you are reading this)

c

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones