05 January 2008

Holiday memories

Well, the holiday season has now passed....it sure does fly by!!! I had a simply lovely Christmas and New Years with the family, although not all could be with us this year! Hopefully next year, more family members will be able to visit! We missed my sisters Cathy and her kids from Regina, Carol and her husband and their wee ones from Boston, (one of which was just born on New Years's day, and my brothers Ed and his wife from Baltimore, and Dan from Guelph. In the photo below is my siblings and I, minus my sis Carol, who was not yet born. (I'm the one on the far left, click on the photo to view better).




Miss Lulu enjoyed the holidays as well, her first Christmas and received a new collar and a big meaty bone in her stocking. The cats also got some cat treats and organic cat nip, which they love.


These prettily wrapped gifts arrived from Boston from my sister who always makes her own cute tags....


This snow pile-up was from the snow storm we had a week before Christmas. Poor Steve was shovelling snow half the day! I got off because of a bad back, thankfully.


We have a blue theme for our porch, i strung up some blue ornaments and blue lights around the porch railing. I guess we had a 'blue christmas' in a way.


Here's Mama D adding some gifts to the tree on Christmas eve.


I love having a natural pine wreath on the front door....so welcoming and Christmasy!


And speaking of pine, this is my favorite gift this year! A real miniture pine cone dipped in gold which hangs from a delicate gold necklace. It was in my wish list folder on the computer from Etsy!! It's handmade from a jeweler there. Thanks Steve!!! I just love it! If you'd like to see the shop click here.


and speaking of Steve, here we are, in front of the tree!


We hung some vintage cards, some of them dating back to the 2o's, on some ribbon, which is a nice alternative to pine boughs.
I hope you all had a memorable holiday!! Can't wait until we do it all again! Uh, well maybe not to anxious!!

4 comments:

Ed and Margaret Roberts said...

Hi Pat,
Love your Xmas blog!
Wish we could have been home for Christmas but this is the next best thing to being there.
Lulu is adorable - those ears, those wonderful ears!! (Re.Rudolph's Shiny New Year - haha).
Keep up the good work.
Love,
Ed(&M).

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say hi b/c it's been a while!

seems like you had a great holiday...i just love that pinecone necklace..so unique!

happy new year!

*diane

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

OOOOOO What a couple!! So striking and lovely!!! Look at all that snow!! And your home and pup and and! I love your life!!!! xoxo

Steph said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones